VacanciesPlease see all current vacancies below. If you have any queries, please email us at Shellrecruit@fieldworkeducation.com or download the WCL Shell Affiliated School Vacancies information document.
Start date: August 2020
To support the school in an exciting phase of development, we are seeking inspirational and ambitious teachers keen to shape the future of the school and able to deliver high quality education.
PDO School is seeking to appoint an outstanding full-time teacher, with a real passion for teaching and learning and a proved track record of excellent pupil progress.
PDO School has a reputation for high quality educational provision and is rated as the top international schools in Oman. At Primary level, the school follows the National Curriculum for England, for English and Mathematics, and the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) for all other subjects. We follow Read Write Inc phonics programmed from Early Years to Primary 2.In the Middle Years, the school follows Key Stage 3 of the National Curriculum for England in respect of English, Mathematics and Science and a thematic approach to other subjects.
PDO has a strong teaching pool of specialist teachers for Music, Computing, Art, P.E. and Swimming. Resources are plentiful and our children achieve highly.
Interested applicants will need:
- To be a native-level English speaker
- An English Major B.Ed. (Hons) or an English degree with post-graduate qualification in education
- Experience of teaching from 6 -11 year old children
- Experience of Leading English across a school including coaching and training staff
- Experience of Read Write Inc and the ability to train staff needing support
- A Passion for reading and a good knowledge of age appropriate text across a range of varying attainment
- A proven track record of raising standards in English across a school
- A passion for learning, with experience and evidence of current best-practice and a commitment to delivering high quality education
- An understanding of the needs of a company school
- Energy, flexibility, drive and motivation
In addition to working in a learning-focused, forward-thinking and supportive company school, you will be remunerated with a competitive package, including:
- A competitive tax-free salary
- Company provided accommodation with minimal utilities charges
- Comprehensive international medical cover,
- Relocation assistance
- Free or subsidised education for dependent children.
Employment terms will be on a two-year contract with an extension option.
If you are successful, you will be asked to apply for an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (you can find further details on www.homeoffice.gov.uk/dbs) or for a police check/clearance from your home/resident country.
Offer of employment is subject to visa requirements and local rules and legislation. A final offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory police check, medical check and visa approval.
To find out more about PDO School, please visit: www.pdoschool.com
To apply, please complete the application form marked PDO School Leader of English & Class Teacher accompanying this advertisement. Completed application should be returned with a current CV and Personal Statement to: Cheryl.CPF.Fox@pdo.co.om
Closing date: 27th October 2019, at 12.00 UK time.
We encourage early applications as interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.
Vacancies for immediate start:
- Primary Teacher
- English Teacher
- HoD English
- Science Teacher – Biology
- Science Teacher – General
- ICT Teacher
About the School:
HASIS is an ambitious and aspirational school with a shared vision of educating confident, innovative and brave children to their highest academic and creative potential. Founded in 2002 to serve the children of the employees of the Oman Liquefied Natural Gas Company (OLNG), the School provides education for boys and girls from the local and expatriate communities of Sur in Ash Sharqiyah, Oman. The School moved to new purpose-built premises in 2018 with excellent, modern facilities which are fully resourced throughout. HASIS is a fully accredited member of the Council of International Schools.
Terms and Conditions:
HASIS offers colleagues an internationally competitive, tax-free salary with generous end of service benefits and relocation assistance on arrival. We also offer fully furnished accommodation near to the School campus, full remission of tuition fees at the School for up to two children, medical Insurance and flight allowances as part of salary. A two-year contract will be offered at the onset of employment, with options to renew in the future.
Information for candidates:
- The immigrations rules will not permit Female candidates to sponsor their spouse.
- NoC of Husband is a must for the sponsorship of children of single mother employment.
- Monthly salary includes Basic Salary, Accommodation Allowance, Yearly Airfare. Candidates have a choice to opt for school accommodation or make their own arrangements. Additional benefits are on-boarding ticket, Medical insurance for self, Annual leave of 60 days for an academic year(midterm joiners will be eligibile on pro rata basis) and subsidized club membership fee. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all members of staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a police background check, written and verbal references and other personal investigation as required for entrance to the Sultanate of Oman. Any form of criminal activity on an applicant’s permanent record is likely to bar entry to working in the Sultanate. Interested candidate should send their CVs to email@example.com
- All experience certificates from the previous and current employers
- Attested degree certificates
- Copy of passport (with signature)
- Transcripts / Mark sheets
- Passport size photograph
- Recent CRB report / Police Clearance
Please include the following document copies in PDF format:
Closing date for applications: 28th October 2019